- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Communication Systems Engineer (RF)
Matchtech are seeking contract Communication Systems Engineers for our defence client based in Hampshire (Southampton). These are 6 month initial contracts.
Airborne Communications (BLOS) - Principal Communications System Engineer
We are seeking communication systems engineers for the development of aircraft SATCOM communication systems. The role will be initially focussed on system design, including waveform specification and communications architectures to be implemented on laboratory and aircraft concept demonstrators in later stages of the project. The systems engineer will provide technical support throughout the product lifecycle, including design implementation, integration and test, and customer demonstrations and trials. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other communications programmes of work such as the airborne inter-vehicle datalinks (IVDL).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You must have:
- Experience of communication systems implementation, including knowledge of waveforms, architectures, and protocols.
- Knowledge of modulation schemes and error correction schemes.
- Experience of a mathematical modelling language (ideally MATLAB).
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports.
- Graduate degree in relevant engineering or related scientific discipline. It would be nice if you have any of the following:
- Knowledge of SATCOM Systems.
- Knowledge of waveforms and techniques used in SATCOM modems.
- Knowledge of current commercial RF or military communications systems.
- An understanding of RF communication system hardware implementation (such as transmitters, receivers, filters, SDR).
- An understanding of Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods WHAT YOU'LL DO Key responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for delivery of specific work packages supporting the BLOS communications system development; working across a range of technical disciplines such as: waveforms, signal processing, RF integration and antenna integration.
- Management of requirements.
- Technical analysis and modelling of BLOS waveform performance.
- Modelling of BLOS communications system and its performance.
- Perform feasibility studies to advise customers on potential solutions.
- Technical documentation of system solution.
- Development of close relationships with key internal and external partner organisations, sub-contractors and key stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements.
- Co-ordination of activities performed by other Leonardo teams and subcontractors.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.