- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Specialist, Zonal Design
Based in Halifax on the maritime East Coast of Canada, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for the last 30 years. With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Specialist, Zonal will be responsible for driving the timely delivery of the 3D model and zonal design for the warship project, acting as technical expert in zonal design and working as part of three major areas of the ship design.
- Drive the spatial design by the Design Subcontractor in accordance with the project schedule
- Work to ensure the zone spatial design are progressed according to review process and criteria
- Using key expertise and working knowledge, provide assurance that the functional drawings, Windchill parts data and all other key zonal design aspects are reflected in the 3D model
Qualifications / Experience:
- Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent University Degree is essential
- Strong prior experience of naval ship design and build, and direct experience with a zonal approach to warship spatial design
- Experience with 3D modelling and PLM software; CreoView, FORAN, Windchill and AVEVA preferable
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With over 7 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 45 families in their move to Canada over the last 5 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.