- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Assurance Manager - Contract
Matchtech are now recruiting for a contract Quality Assurance Manager for our client in Filton. This is to start on 5th October for a 6 month initial contract
Quality Assurance Manager
Number of Hours: 37 hrs
Baseline clearance only required
To support Integrated Project Teams, the Procurement and Quality functions and the External Supply-Chain in identifying, scoping and implementing tangible Business Improvement Opportunities whilst transitioning to the service delivery model offered by Leonardo.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge
- Ideally educated to Degree Level or equivalent.
- Preferably a Chartered Quality Professional.
- Capable of deploying Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications
- Familiar with the requirements of AS9100 Revision D and auditing to this standard both internally and within the External Supply Chain.
- Awareness of contributing factors such as regulatory requirements for the External Supply Chain.
- Ability to develop pro-active reporting in order to drive and measure Business Improvements.
- Ability to be part of the IPT Senior Management Team and work at all levels in the business, supply chain and customer
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with Key Suppliers
- Ideally Lead Auditor trained
- Familiar with all Assurance disciplines within the Defence Electronic Design, Manufacturing and support industry
- Familiar with advanced quality planning
- Ability to identify and deliver change
- A knowledge of Regulatory Articles
- Full understanding of the AS9100C requirements and internal auditing requirements
Key responsibility areas
- Assurance across all aspects of the business i.e. Business Winning, Contract acceptance, Support Solution Development, External Supply Chain and In Service support.
- Work as part of the IPT Management Team covering all aspects of Assurance
- Interact with all levels of management within the business and the Customer
- Proactive management on Non Conformance including root cause analysis and Failure Review Boards where appropriate.
- Proactive identification and management of risks
- Proactive reporting and metrics to communicate, escalate and address issues and concerns
- Proactive identification and management of Business Improvement Opportunities
- The identification and implementation of IPT Improvement opportunities within the External Supply Chain
- Supply Chain risks and opportunities are identified, mitigated and exploited as required.
- Compliance to AS9100 Revision D with particular emphasis on the Process Effectiveness (PEAR) requirements.
- Implementation of a proactive Supplier Quality Surveillance programme including maintenance of all supplier approvals.
- Support, as required, all adhoc Procurement and External Supply issues.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.