- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have a fantastic opportunity based in Southern England with an innovative and forward thinking company.
Please read further and contact myself if of interest.
- Lead the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials engineering.
- Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Provide input to DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes to enable identification of product risks.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
- Engage in team-based solving of engineering problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Develop materials and designs through the procurement and internal manufacturing processes on to test and post-test analysis.
Education, Training and Skills:
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics, hydraulics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Creo, a product data management tool such as DDM and drawing standards such as BS 8888.
- Some familiarity with small batch and series production manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Familiarity with agile project management techniques such as Scrum.
- Delivery-focused and highly motivated with good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to problems with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to contribute to design review meetings and form working relationships with supplier partners and peer groups.
- Strong influencing skills to achieve outcomes that are mutually beneficial.
- Able to prioritise and adapt in a fast-changing development environment.
- Collaborative approach focussing on successful delivery of the team's goal
If you would like to discuss this position furhter, please contact Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 or email email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.