- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
A requirement for 2 Senior Project Managers with experience in the Social Housing Sector and or Education, Leisure and Regeneration. The position is for an initial 3 months with a view to extend for the right candidates.
- Being part of the Capital Delivery Team working to transform the council
- Responsibility for the management of all project staff, contractors and consultants appointed to support the delivery of relevant capital projects - setting targets, monitoring performance and taking corrective action as required;
- Support the development of the capital programmes in respect of Housing (including through the Council's wholly owned Development Company), Education and Regeneration etc;
- Develop clear project briefs/specifications with sponsor departments to secure agreement on outputs, budgets and programmes for individual projects;
- Lead the development and delivery of capital projects from inception through to completion including:
- securing relevant internal approvals;
- undertaking procurement activity in line with relevant policies;
- representing the Council's interests in discussions with consultants/contractors;
- monitoring delivery against agreed cost, programme and quality targets (escalating issues as necessary);
- managing handover arrangements to ensure that projects are provided to BAU host departments in a fit state and that all health and safety manuals and user training is completed; and
- undertaking project closure reviews to record project outcomes and capture any learning points.
- Where required, support the development of capital project proposals in respect of regeneration, transformation, property maintenance etc, providing expert advice to colleagues to ensure that schemes can be effectively and efficiently delivered.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.