- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Development Engineer
We are looking to recruiting a Control Systems Software Development Engineer to join a growing PLC, SCADA and M&E integration business.
This position is an opportunity for someone looking to develop technical skills, working within an experienced team of dedicated specialists.
Our clients are involved in national, large-scale infrastructure. We build 'soft' real-time systems, often with a safety-critical element. Projects range from controlling ventilation systems in railway tunnels to building automation systems and bespoke SCADA development.
The role involves seeing projects through from beginning to end:
- Software design, including writing specifications for the customer and creating mock-up user interfaces. This may involve pre-project consultancy assignments, with time spent on site.
- Coding of bespoke systems using both standard and proprietary tools.
- Set up and configuration of PCs, networks and web-based systems.
- Site commissioning and testing, including writing factory and site acceptance test documents.
- Writing O&M documentation
- HMI & SCADA development experience including package configuration using scripting
- PLC programming experience (preferably Siemens)
- Site commissioning and fault finding experience
- Solid Windows background, programming and configuration.
- The right candidate must be adaptable. As well as coding, the successful candidate will create displays and illustrations, write reports and manuals and perform on-site commissioning.
- A minimum of either a degree or HND in a software based course preferably including some control systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be flexible in terms of hours of attendance and working at customer sites, on occasion work outside of normal office hours will be required during commissioning and testing of systems.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of core modern software tools and practices: Git version control, SQL databases, regular expressions, unit tests and so on.
- Knowledge and experience of network programming and understanding of network design
- Any training in software design techniques, such as object-oriented and functional programming.
TERMS & BENEFITS
- Based working from home and the West London office with travel between offices and to clients' sites as required. During the Covid-19 crisis, most engineers have been working from home with time spent in the office and / or client's sites for testing and commissioning systems. We envisage continuing to support working from home but when joining candidates will be expected to attend the office for a number of days over several weeks for business and technical inductions.
- A competitive salary with annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme - with the company contributing 5% of salary
- The role will involve learning on the job however AIS also has a formal active training policy that enables employees to propose courses that will be of benefit to their employment
- Small and friendly team
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays plus the annual Christmas shutdown
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.