- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Air Suspension Engineer
Our client is a global Electric Vehicle OEM with a global footprint. This organisation has already released 3 fully electric vehicles into production with further innovative concepts in development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and established Electric Vehicle OEM based at any one of our client's main engineering facilities (UK, Germany, China) benefiting from a forward thinking and flexible working culture.
Our client requires a specialist Engineer to join its highly skilled advanced engineering team. You will be a technical expert working closely with suppliers in the development of Air Spring component and related systems.
The scope of work
In charge of design and development of air spring system/components.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for original engineering development of air spring system and components, including 2D drawing, 3D modelling, specification definition and draft SOR (statement of requirement),DFMEA etc.
- Experience of air spring module design according to complete vehicle requirement, including structure bellow, piston counter, top mount, jounce bumper, etc.
- Experience of air spring internal calculation, e.g. Pressure, volume, static stiffness, dynamic stiffness, etc.
- Experience of simulation of air spring sub-components for strength, durability, etc.
- Experience of air spring tuning sample design, calculation, simulation, transfer objective tuning request into component design.
- Responsible for TR (technical review) with suppliers and support all sourcing activities.
- Cooperate with partners for joint development to achieve design/tuning target.
- Responsible for DVP, supporting to analyse and solve validation issues.
- Deliver program deliverable items for all program milestones, with timing, quality and cost target.
- Lead cross function team (purchasing, PQM, Logistic, ME, Quality, etc) to resolve complex issues.
- Drive design improvement, cost reduction and localization of responsible components.
Our client would expect that you had the following skills / experience:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Automotive/Electronics Engineering related field;
- Minimum 5 years of design & development experience of air spring system or components at Automakers or Suppliers;
- Background with electronics and knowledge of software is preferred;
- Proficiency in English, oral and written;
- Skilled in CATIA and MS office software. Familiar with CAE related software,
- Result driven, proactive attitude; teamwork spirit, good communication skill;
- Comfortable with travel abroad
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday + salary sacrifice
- Share scheme option
- Flexible working
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.