- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Parking Projects Manager
Thsi requreiment is for an experienced Parking Project Manager to primarily apply for, secure and implement the enforcement of moving traffic contraventions and establishing a parking performance management plan.
Purpose of Job
Accountable to the Parking Services Manager and responsible for:
- applying for, securing and implementing enforcement of moving traffic contraventions, establishing a parking performance management plan and other commensurate discrete projects to enhance parking services.
- procuring as necessary and managing the necessary resources to deliver the projects, including in-house, agency or consultant staff.
- Supporting the Parking Services Manager in coordinating the advice and input of parking services to the evolving Integrated Enforcement strategy and to other Directorates.
Summary of main duties & responsibilities
Moving Traffic Contraventions
- Develop a strategy, plan, budget and schedule for securing and then implementing enforcement powers in regard to moving traffic contraventions, including the proposed range and scope of offences to be covered. Ensure this includes all governance and approval steps.
- Identify what supporting resource will be necessary and secure as necessary, whether by agency, fixed term contract or consultancy.
- Liaise with, learn lessons from and benchmark against other London Boroughs who have recently secured these enforcement powers.
- Maintain regular liaison with London Councils.
- Undertake all preparatory action including but not limited to:
- Liaison with the Police plus Members and other key stakeholders
- Compile a full inventory of restrictions/prohibitions/instructions and their associated Traffic Management Orders
- Review above to ensure appropriate and necessary
- Review completeness and condition of all necessary signage
- Obtain Council resolution to take on powers
- Advertise as necessary
- Identify the enforcement regime, capacity and priorities
- Apply to London Councils TEC to take on the powers, including use of CCTV
- Carry out a local publicity and awareness campaign
- Establish a performance management plan for parking services including the identification, collation and analysis of relevant financial and other data for the generation of Key Performance Indicators and performance reports.
- Keep parking charges under review to ensure they are appropriately managing demand and delivering the objectives of the parking strategy. Propose an increase in charges as appropriate, including the necessary report and approval.
- Ensure timely update and communication of all parking charge increases, including permits, pay and display, etc and back office processes to give prompt effect to approved increases in parking charges.
Other Parking Projects
- Manage and deliver such other projects commensurate with the role, possibly including but not limited to:
- Undertake a review and rationalisation of the schedule of permitted footway parking.
- Assist if/as required with the procurement of extended or new services that are required to support parking services.
- Coordinate across the parking services management team to ensure that parking information on the Council website is accurate and up to date and investigate and lead on implementation of parking data on the Council GIS system
- Assist if/as required with parking related queries from the public, members, MPs, etc
Governance and formal decision making process
- Become familiar with, plan for and implement any and all decisions requiring approval in accordance with the member and delegated decision making processes, advising on reports in accordance with the Council's Constitution and ensuring reports comply with the principles of good governance and decision making.
- Set and manage work programmes for any assigned staff and undertake supervisory responsibilities
- Allocate work, agree targets, monitor and implement training programmes and generally develop and motivate permanent, fixed term and agency staff to perform effectively
- Responsible as appropriate for the recruitment, employment and retention of staff within the framework of the Council's employment procedures and policies, and for the development and maintenance of good employer relations
- Deputise for the Parking Service Manager as and when appropriate
- Participate in the investigation of external sources of finance to support parking projects, including the preparation and submission of bids for funding
- Establish, monitor and manage significant project and programme budgets
- Prepare and present costed proposals
- Operate within the financial limits and budgetary arrangements of the Directorate and the Council's Contract Standing Orders
- Report, promptly, changing budgets needs to the Parking Services Manager
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.