- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Underwater Warfare Capability Manager
Located in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Underwater Warfare Capability Manager will be tasked with leading, managing and coordinating multiple Engineering teams to plan, coordinate and execute the integration of the underwater warfare capability onto ship and shore based testing facilities.
Reporting into the Combat System Senior Engineering Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Providing technical oversight for all UWW related activities for the project
- Act as subject matter expert on the integration and testing of Underware Warfare Systems on the Naval Surface platforms
- Manage all risk relating to UWW, including identification and risk mitigation planning
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience working on underwater system solutions is required, along with prior working in an Engineering / Programme Management role
- Experience with naval systems integration and testing
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With almost 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Halifax over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.