- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Operations Team Lead
BAE Systems are seeking a Constructive Operations Team Lead to work on their Portsmouth Naval Base site on the repair and build of Royal Navy/ MOD Surface Ships.
Mechanical Operations Team Lead - Portsmouth - 4 months - £28.73ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
To lead, mentor and manage an Integrated Work Team to deliver all aspects of production outputs to ensure project milestones are achieved on time, safely, to the right quality and on budget. The Integrated Work Team will consist of a number of Team Leaders teams with maintenance operatives with a trade discipline. The role is critical to ensure Warship Support outputs are delivered to customers expectations.
- Develop and demonstrate SHE behaviours to teams through strategic improvements/setting and positive promotion of safety awareness, risk management/compliance.
- Accountable for maintenance services and production outputs ensuring safety, quality, work acceptance and cost performance is delivered.
- Responsible for submitting resource demand information which will then be signed off and sent to the function so that robust supply solutions are in place to deliver all commitments.
- Responsible for ensuring Team Leaders are delivering work in accordance to plans and schedules, and that bookings of Service Orders is maintained to enable deliverables.
- Champion change and drive implementation of improvements to introduce an improving business that has its people, processes and tools at the core.
- Drive and encourage good behaviours that enable high standards of delivery.
- Manage teams using firm, fair and consistent values ensuring interventions when necessary.
- Use technical expertise and problem solving skills to guide trade disciplined teams to establish solutions to delivery challenges to ensure schedule compliance. Liaise with PEM/WTA and systems engineers to address delivery problems.
- Lead, support and enforce the use of company processes and tools. Leading and monitoring the controls required for elements of overtime and pastoral care that will include attendance, performance reviews, sickness, leave and Working Time Directive (WTD)
- Drive Production delivery daily performance to meet set goals.
- Responsible for Control Account Management (CAM) of assigned scope of work. Includes establishing and maintaining the Work Breakdown Structure; scheduling and assigning work; tracking progress and actual costs; maintaining an up to date report on progress against Baseline Schedule, Estimate to Complete and reporting of Earned Value.
- Engage, listen and demonstrate high standards of communication to service teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to manage multiple team's performance across multiple platforms within a class group.
- The team size will be approximately 1 to 5 Team Leaders.
- Leadership and accountability for management of Team Leaders and their maintenance teams performance and development to include attendance, sickness, Change control, overtime approvals, PDR's and overall financial performance.
- Manage risk portfolio's ensuring project deliverables are achieved by reviewing and only accepting change via change forums that will not impact contractual deliverables.
- Create and lead a continuously improving culture that embraces the digital technologies within delivery teams by supporting new indicatives such as mobile working.
- Responsible for identifying development of Team Leaders within the Operations teams by coaching and supporting Team Leaders, apprentices and maintenance teams.
- Ensure critical paths and key dates are achieved by the contracted time.
- Responsible for financial performance by ensuring tasks are delivered within the estimated hours (CAM) and by ensuring minimal (No more than 500 per rolling month) bookings are outstanding. It is vital that booking controls are in place to ensure they are entered into the chosen toolset so that customer invoices are accurate and the company gets paid correctly.
- Responsible for managing and putting the correct controls in place that will enable year on year improvements, the wrench time reports will be the mechanism to measure this.
- Excellent internal and external customer management skills.
Qualifications and Knowledge Needed
- Ability to run large complex projects whilst effectively deploying resources and maintaining cost controls, demonstrating numerical, analytical and time management skills.
- Manage complex situations and a range of production issues, demonstrating excellent decision making based on facts, financial awareness and Earned Value management.
- Excellent technical abilities and problem solving skills in chosen trade whilst using sound schedule and specification growth management skills and experience.
- Very high levels of SHE knowledge that will require Risk Assessment and Method Statements skills and functional knowledge. Ideally NEBOSH trained.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.