- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Asset Scanning & Surveying Technician
Asset Scanning and Survey Technician is responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base physical infrastructure and equipment assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards.
Reporting to the Asset Register Specialist, the Asset Scanning and Survey Technician is responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base physical infrastructure and equipment assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards.
- Organise building and major asset access including access to rarely used spaces - electrical cupboards, attic spaces, basements, storage rooms, fire escapes, hidden areas etc..
- Arranging for and meeting security requirements at all survey locations in accordance with policy.
- Make a technical criticality assessment of the infrastructure and equipment at each survey location to determine what technical data needs to be captured.
- Mark assets which meet test criteria for asset register capture as per guidance document.
- Undertake walking pace geo-referenced 3D mobile SLAM LIDAR scanning of specified locations including recording of rating plate detail and spoken techncial condition commentary.
- The individual must have a relevant technical experience in one of : Laser scanning / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
- Experience of SAP preferably with an Asset Management bias would be advantageous
Skills & Behaviours:
- The individual must be a confident and competent user of scanning hardware.
- The individual must be comfortable with making decisions on appropriate data to record where there is uncertain or lacking information in the raw data being processed.
- The individual must be able to work closely with others to deliver consistency across asset records generated by different individuals.
- The individual must be capable of acting with integrity to undertake tasks with a consistently high quality with little to no supervision.
Additional Agency Information
Pay Rate £20.95 LTD
Pay rate £16.55 PAYE Equivalent
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.