- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join the team on a permanent basis. Birmingham based, but work will be UK Wide.
- Repairing mechanical equipment.
- Installation, commissioning, setting up and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Working out on customer sites across the country.
- Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
- Planned preventative maintenance (Industrial equipment & pumps).
- You will be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
- Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
- Must have full UK driving license
- Must have the sound engineering knowledge and confined space trained.
- Must have CSCS card or equivalent
- Must be customer focused with high standard of workmanship and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, general arrangement drawings, flow diagrams and follow bills of materials.
- Served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship or City & Guilds/NVQ qualified.
- CSCS - Essential
- Confined Space (desired but not essential)
- EUSR Water Hygiene (desired but not essential)
- Slinger Banksman (desired but not essential)
- IPAF (desired but not essential)
- PASMA (desired but not essential)
- SSSTS (desired but not essential)
40 Hour standard working week - Overtime as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.