- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Practitioner
We have great opportunities to join Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) / Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) as an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Practitioner
If you are interested in the role outlined below, please ensure that your CV covers, in detail, the Essential criteria, plus your Key achievements, Relevant experience and Applied knowledge and skills.
Please apply via this link -
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th September at 23:55
Working as part of DE&S/SDA Delivery Teams utilising skills in both Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) management and stakeholder engagement. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of technical support arrangements for all, or some part, of a military platform or its equipment.
This could range from designing a support solution from concept through to manufacture, to managing and optimising support during its in-service phase to supporting the efficient disposal of equipment at its end-of-life. You will be working collaboratively, with designers in industry and the armed forces as end-users, to provide the cost effective and technically cutting-edge support solutions needed by the wide range of equipment used in Defence.
This might cover in-the-field support, robust enough for the Army's Apache helicopters, or the state-of-the-art maintenance required by the latest Royal Navy's ships as well as providing sophisticated support techniques required for specific projects.
Leading and managing the maintenance of optimised support, you will be responsible for developing, managing and improving support solutions. You will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. You will possess a proven track-record in ILS, whilst demonstrating your problem solving capabilities combined with your passion for technology with a customer focus.
Technical responsibilities may include:
* Defining and developing the ILS plan.
* Determining the optimum support solution conducting options and trade-off analyses.
* Setting and managing availability, reliability and sustainability targets for levels of repair and engineering service levels for through-life management.
* Defining contract requirements for in-service support and service delivery.
* Managing the fielding of in-service support arrangements to match equipment capability requirements.
* Management of equipment obsolescence.
* Planning for equipment end of-service life.
For security reasons, some of the roles are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience of working in at least one of the following fields: ILS, engineering, supportability, or technical operations management
* Experience of leading, developing and guiding teams in delivering product support, equipment support solutions and/or optimisation of product performance
* A proven record of leading the development of the ILSP, incorporating all ILS deliverables and element plans that influence the developed support arrangements
* Evidence of assisting in the ongoing evaluation of incurred Support costs, intervention design and delivery of Support Solution reviews to improve the support solution through life (In-Service)
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Membership of a relevant professional body
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Managing support, customer and supplier networks
* Making evidence-based decisions
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.