- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fleet Dry Dock Manager
A UK employer is looking for a Dry Docking expert to join their team. The role will be based from home, with extensive travel to shipyards, lasting 3-4 weeks at a time.
The position will ideally suit a technically capable shipping engineer with DP vessel knowledge and extensive experience leading dry dockings globally.
- Be the main point of contact of the Fleet Operations team, for all dry dock and maintenance period related issues and topics
- Detailed preparation of the standard items of the dry dock specs
- Monitor dry-dock timelines across the fleet and follow up with Fleet Superintendents to ensure preparation for the same
- Optimal planning of dockings in conjunction with the Fleet Superintendent and other stakeholders to guarantee dock availability
- Review dry dock specifications and submit the same to agreed shipyards for quotation
- Carry out detailed comparison of shipyard quotations and provide recommendations on dry-dock options, basis costs/availability
- Timely planning, sourcing and deployment of docking service providers / assistants
- Attend all Dry-docks and Maintenance periods as the lead project manager, being supported by the Fleet Superintendent for that vessel
- Coordinate with the nominated paint supplier, Fleet Superintendent and other internal stakeholders, to finalise the paint requirements, as per agreed paint strategy
- Evaluate quality of dockings based on agreed and established measures
- Be involved in shipyard evaluations and driving internal process optimisation
- Analyse previous docking costs and invoices to identify cost optimisation opportunities
- Provide inputs on the invoicing and negotiation of final invoice
- Participate in final invoice negotiation, if available and as applicable
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure dry dock budget alignment across the fleet
- Comprehensive understanding of cost drivers and key commercial challenges
- Other budget related activities as delegated by the Head of Fleet
- Ensure that safety is regarded as a common responsibility and is considered as first priority in the daily operation at sea, shipyards and in the office
- Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback on the performance of assigned docking service providers and docking assistant's in conjunction with the Fleet Superintendent or Fleet Manager
- Liaise closely with relevant stakeholders on all aspects of dry dock planning and management and keep the Head of Fleet and Fleet Manager closely advised of any developments
- Ensure, in cooperation with the Fleet Manager, that experience and knowledge gained are communicated and shared across the Fleet Operations team in order to have best practices implemented and utilised to the benefit of the company
- Provide inputs to relevant stake holders based on analysis and feedbacks from previous dockings
- Take initiative for proper and timely action in all respects
- Ensure that safety is first priority in all daily operations
- Work to reduce accidents and ensure that lessons learned from accidents and near-misses are shared
- Identify and share best docking practices across the organisation
- Make suggestions for improvements and cost savings in all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure that proper business/economic evaluations are made prior to taking decisions so that established budgets are not exceeded
- Ability to communicate with industry bodies at a senior level
- A minimum of 5 years in ship management or shipyard
- Must have carried out at least 5 dry docking as the project lead
- Thorough knowledge on the different aspects of dry docking in line with industry standards
- Assertive and has excellent negotiation skills
- Has good command over the English language
- Willing to travel
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum.
For more info or to arrange a confidential discussion, please send your CV to Ellie.Evans@Matchtech.com or click Apply Now.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.