- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Structural Test Engineer
Our leading defence client have an opportunity for a Structural Test Engineer to join their business within the test laboratory in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will be working with a range of test facilities to support high technology product development, formal qualification and failure investigations, whilst also being involved in the development of new techniques to improve effectiveness and reliability. There will be opportunities to use your problem solving and innovative skills, with an ability to shape future improvement of products with a world leading company in the Defence Sector.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally HNC/HND qualified or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Practical person with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of structural testing, including derivation of test configurations, application of loads, actuator / tensile test machine control systems and data acquisition systems.
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation types
- Relevant experience of defence standards
- A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
- Practical knowledge of positioning and soldering Strain Gauges.
- A less experienced candidate who is able and willing to learn on the job would be considered, starting at a lower level with the opportunity for progression as skills and experience develop.
- Provide expertise in defining structural and fatigue test activities in support of product development.
- Accountable for delivery of all structural and fatigue testing aspects of assigned projects.
- Plan, manage and deliver assigned project tasks or work packages to the required quality, timescale and budget.
- Ensure effective communication regarding structural and fatigue aspects with stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of relevant quality standards and compile accurate and up to date records of test activities.
- Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
- Conduct a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation / selection of technical options, and prepare reports (with recommendations) to support the resolution of problems and improvement of engineering capability.
- Technical review of structural test documentation, including reports.
- Provide technical support to customer discussions during bid phase where necessary to ensure capture of structural and fatigue aspects.
- To interpret the Design Verification Plan (DVP) with respect to structural requirements, proving guidelines, conformance documentation and test techniques.
- Provide support and guidance (Knowledge Transfer) to less experienced engineers to contribute to their development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.