- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Field Engineer (Surveying)
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's fastest growing Telecommunication companies.
As a Fibre Surveyor/Field Engineer, you will be expected to build the dream of superfast reliable broadband from the newly laid network infrastructure in the streets right through the router in the customer premises. Predominantly based in Central London, you will be expected to survey sites from Mayfair to Hackney, Pimlico to Camden and further as we expand across London at the speed of light. This is a Field Based role and you will be expected to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Documenting several sites in a day.
- Drawing up detailed plans for use as legal documentations to be shared with landlords
- Ensuring routes are compliant with health and safety laws
- Advising on Risk assessments and Method Statements
- Carrying out surveys for minor civils works
- Assessing permit needs for any and all street works
- Meet with clients or representatives and resolve any questions about the installation process.
- Ability to work with the other areas of field engineering to achieve the final desired result
- Deciding the correct equipment required for installation process
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person. Someone with great interpersonal skills and presentation. Must be able to adapt and overcome challenges without. Confident in decision making but willing to listen to others. An innovative thinker who can think outside the box.
- Experience working on FTTP/ FTTC projects
- An understanding of FTTP/FTTC build activities
- An understanding in PON and active ethernet technologies
- Previous experience detailing cable routes
- Knowledge of fibre types
- Experience in fibre splicing
- Experience with installing various forms of telecoms (copper, fibre, mobile)
- Technologically literate (e.g. able to work with tablets, various software, laptops)
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints is essential.
- Understanding routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Experience of working as a lone worker
- NRSWA unit 2 or greater
- Flat roof skilled
- Knowledge of telecoms civils work
- Knowledge of fire-stopping
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.