- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Head of Logistics Transformation
BAE Systems require an experienced Senior Logistics Leader for the future development of Logistics and Materials Management across the BAE Systems Air Sector unit.
Head of Logistics Transformation - Samlesbury (Preston) - 6 Months - £500ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role requires a BPSS Clearance to start, which you must be able to obtain if successful. Therefore, you must ideally be a UK National, born within the UK and have no dual or relinquished nationalities.
BAE Systems operate multiple Air Sector units across the UK in aiding the MOD in the conception, design, build and maintenance of military/ defence aircraft. An exciting opportunity for a Senior Logistics Leader has become available to develop the future strategy for Logistics / Materials Management across BAE Systems Air Sector. This ensures operational efficiency and material availability is optimised in conjunction with delivering a cost benefit realisation.
- Develop a medium to long-term strategy that delivers a best-in-class logistics operation / solution
- Evaluate existing supply chain operations, both internal and external
- Undertake deep dive into end-to-end value stream identifying further opportunities for improvement to material availability
- Present findings, ideas and improvement plans to senior leaders
- Monitor progress of ongoing improvement projects, tracking benefits realisation
- Leverage the experience and expertise both internally and with our key logistics partners to accelerate the pace of change
- Support pan-BAE Systems Logistics Working Group
- Predominately focused on BAE Systems Air Sector, but with collaboration with other parts of BAE Systems via Indirect Procurement Services (IPS)
A detailed strategy paper / document, containing:
- An outline of opportunities identified
- A potential prioritisation matrix
- Business Case for strategy detailing potential size, complexity, and estimated resource required to deliver
- Proposed route to implementation, including anticipated project plan
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.