- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
FPGA Design Engineer
Our client are a leading defence technology business seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer to join them in the development of two new radar systems.
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an FPGA Design Engineer to join their team at the start of a new high-profile, high-budget enduring MOD project in the support of their RFSOC / FPGA development activities.
- Implement complex system algorithms and interfaces in FPGA for Radar Systems; working across all levels of maturity from initial concept generation through design, prototype, development, test and transition to production;
- Develop and implement complex FPGA designs, test, and verify designs through simulation and lab testing. FPGA designs include signal processing across Radar Bands, high data rate interfaces, serial interfaces and complex Control logic;
- Map system-level requirements and objectives to FPGA specifications;
- Validate designs with simulation and verification techniques before hardware integration;
- Full life cycle of development and integration of FPGA into hardware systems;
- Development and Implementation of complex high data rate and Radar band, parallel signal processing designs;
- Responsible for creating and maintaining design documentation and test plans;
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- FPGA and SOC design entry using Verilog or VHDL;
- Design flow for Xilinx or Altera FPGAs;
- Simulation Tools such as ModelSim/Questa, VCS, or Incisive;
- Validation and Verification of HDL code;
- Software Integration and Testing;
- Writing Design Specification;
- Model Based Engineering Tools (Matlab-Simulink-Stateflow),
- DOORS Requirement writing
- Proficient with Xilinx or Altera SoC platforms
- Proficient with FPGA or ASIC RTL design entry
- Strong background and experience with industry best practices and version control
- Proficient with high-speed memory and interfaces (PCIe, DDR4, Ethernet)
- Proficient with complex timing closure
- Experience with Matlab, C/C++/C#
- Experience with interfacing to high speed DACs and ADCs
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
- Understanding of RF Systems, specifically Radar or EW
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.