- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Service Engineer
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, are looking for mechanically biased Service Engineers. To join them on a permanent basis, for work across Thames Water.
- Ensure that all tasks and works carried out comply with company standards, policies and statutory regulations in respect to health & safety.
- Ensure that all tasks and works are carried out, completed, tested and commissioned to current legislative standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure good workmanship and industry best practice is adopted and ensure a "right first-time finishing culture" is applied to maintain quality, optimisation of programmed hours and that only necessary materials are used.
- Complete and comply with all risk assessments, method statements (RAMS), safety instructions and use all equipment provided in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure work is carried out in a timely manner and to programme and report any deviations or problems as they occur to the PM
Van based role working alongside a Mechanical Fitter or Electrician. Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance.
Able to fault find and repair heavy plant equipment to include but not limited to:
- Rotating Equipment
- Stripping and rebuilding equipment where necessary.
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
- Replacing Pipework/Steelwork as required.
Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
Candidates will ideally have a relevant C&G or NVQ, or have served a recognised apprenticeship.
CSCS or CCNSG (Essential)
EUSR Water Hygiene
Thames Water Passport
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.