- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Combat Management System Software Engineer
Based in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Combat Management System Software Engineer will provide technical expertise, overseeing and coordinating the Subcontractor's requirements engineering, design, development, integration, installation, test and evaluation of the CMS software for the ships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop the CMS software requirements specification and software assurance documentation
- Evaluate software engineering change
- Develop CMS subsystem and system design descriptions, interface control documents and test documentation
Qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering, Maths, Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of CMS software
- Extensive experience on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.