- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client own and operate a number of fuel storage terminals and the associated pipeline distribution network. The primary responsibility of this role is the upkeep of pipelines.
Our client own and operate a number of fuel storage terminals and the associated pipeline distribution network. Their operations are governed by COMAH Tier 1 regulations and safety is their number one priority. Candidates must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments.
The primary responsibility of this role is the upkeep of pipelines. Day to day planned operations and tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Making regular checks of the pipeline network including walking the lines, completing site visit sheets and making infringement reports where necessary.
- Monitor pipeline wayleaves (access to land to carry our specified duties) to ensure they are readily accessible.
- Managing and controlling vegetation along the pipeline system.
- Monitoring, cleaning and maintaining pipelines and associated auxiliary equipment
- Minor mechanical maintenance where necessary.
- Liaise with the Pipeline Control team (HQ) to facilitate the efficient operation of pipelines.
- Attend call outs as part of standby roster (covering weekends).
The role will include the use of a variety of equipment that will be provided to you. This may include a van, gas monitoring and pressure testing equipment, CAT and Genny, ladders and pesticides.
The role will involve working alone so candidates must be comfortable and able to work on their own. In addition, candidates must be able to write reports and therefore computer literacy, including the use of spreadsheets, is essential. This is a mobile role covering a number of pipelines around the Thetford area. It is essential for candidates to have a driving license including categories D+E.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.