- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Planning Enforcement Officer (M&W)
An exciting opportunity has come about for an Enforcement Officer or Senior Enforcement Officer to take on a contract role for 3-6 months, tackling mainly minerals and waste related cases.
Due to an increased workload and shortage of experienced staff, my County Council client is looking to appoint an interim for a period of 3 - 6 months. They are open to appointing at Officer or Senior grade.
Whilst it is strongly desirable for the candidate to have direct experience of minerals and waste enforcement work, the client appreciates its a niche skills set, so will consider those with background in development management minerals and waste or standard planning enforcement.
- To assist in the investigation, monitoring and enforcement of planning legislation, to contribute to the processing of related planning applications
- Investigating and resolving breaches of planning control
- Carrying out site inspections and completing detailed investigations of planning records and site histories
- Monitoring compliance with planning conditions and approved plans
- Taking statements in accordance with PACE and updating records of complaints and appropriate action taken
- Undertaking enforcement appeals including preparation of statements and compiling evidence for public inquiry
- Establishing and maintaining close liaison on enforcement and related issues with members of the public, Parish/Town Councils, elected Members and other bodies/authorities in the pursuit of complaints/investigations and co-ordinating action
They are looking to interview and appoint quickly; the contract starting in November ideally.
This position will be worked remotely for the foreseeable future, with occasional sites visits undertaken when safe and feasible.
They are under pressure financially, so will need to be cost conscious, but we expect rates to fall between £25 and £40/h depending on grade, experience and availability of candidates in the market.
For more information, please call Daniel Baker on 07545 546 986 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.