- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Systems Integration Engineer
To provide software integration & test engineering expertise for all aspects of product and systems, during verification and validation activities, for a major Marine defence contract.
- To build, test and maintain system integration and acceptance testing facilities.
- To prepare and issue test documentation for the integration and test of products and systems.
- To conduct software integration and formal acceptance tests in accordance with relevant procedures, record results, and raise any snags or deficiencies as required. Also participate in test readiness & wash up meetings as required.
- Generation, validation and running of test scripts.
- To install software and systems on board vessels, as required by the Company.
- Maintenance and configuration management of equipment and systems throughout V&V lifecycle.
- To provide an effective and professional technical interface with the customer and to ensure that communications at the working level are maintained.
- To take responsibility for identifying and resolving technical issues identified during the conduct of integration and test activities.
- To identify to the Project Engineer or Technical Lead, any potential problems in the engineering activities undertaken.
- To contribute as required and appropriate to the whole design lifecycle of products and systems including participation and contribution to requirements analysis, design reviews, stakeholder project and progress reviews.
- To undertake, upon request, the maintenance of any software and hardware tools in support of development environment.
- To provide technical support via the management and resolution of technical queries, spares and obsolescence management.
- To adhere to all Company and contractual standards and processes.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- HNC/D in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Software, Control Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in the integration and test of systems.
- In depth knowledge of automation and control system software.
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & Instrumentation (incl PLC/DCS equipment).
- Good understanding of Defence project requirements and structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards.
- Detailed knowledge of test environments, software acceptance methods and software development lifecycle in Marine or Defence projects.
- Experience of automated test tools and simulations.
- Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines, problem solving and executing duties while being observed by customer and user communities.
- Good communication skills written and verbal, ability to articulate technical issues to both non technical staff and to technical staff with different domain knowledge/responsibilities e.g. providing structured technical feedback to design engineering.
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools) including good technical author skills for documents, reports & spreadsheets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.