- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
As a Project Manager, you will be leading various projects ranging from secure 4G communications networks to augmented virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines.
Would you enjoy delivering cutting edge technology projects supporting the latest digital developments to our military customers?
As a Project Manager, you will be leading various projects ranging from secure 4G communications networks to augmented virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines. You could play a part of developing the technology to send a secure SMS to an inflight Typhoon, or even phone the pilot during a sortie. You could be maximising big data for aircraft availability, ships and land vehicles or developing web based solutions to keep airspace safe. From 3D mission planning systems for fast jets to safety critical London Underground timetabling, BAE Systems has something for everyone.
This role will provide you with the scope to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Manager will involve:
- Management and leadership of the project and delivery team
- Supporting the development of business cases and bidding documentation
- Identifying project objectives and outcomes
- Developing and tracking project plans, budget and schedule
- The identification, development and management of stakeholder relationships
- Accurate reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
- Ensuring business, project and quality management processes are effectively applied across projects
- Identifying project quality goals and lifecycle management (Gate) reviews
- Managing product safety and risk / opportunity assessments
- Identifying key skills required and developing the project team
- Mentoring of team members, providing guidance and support
As part of the project team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Project Manager:
- Complex project management, mentoring staff and leading teams
- Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
- Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Decision-making and leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Project management techniques and tools
- What we're looking for in you:
- 'Can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Influencing and inter-personal skills
- Self-organisation and good time management
- Innovative and able to drive improvement
- Taking responsibility for yourself and your team
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent Project Management qualification, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company's international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.