- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Test Engineer
Our client are a leading defence surveillance and security business seeking an experienced software tester to work on their cutting edge command and control systems.
The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the improvements to, and maintenance of the integrated C2 application that links up all the sensors to create the heart of the solution. The design and verification of the GUI, the addition of new features, and the interfaces to existing and new sensors will all be within the software engineers' area of responsibility.
To build and test software to support the company's products and services.
- Responsible for building manual and automated system/software level tests
- Responsible for producing Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports
- Perform all levels of test activities on the system/software
- Technical liaison internally and with customers, and collaborators on software related matters.
- Estimate time and effort required for systems test activities
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques
- Help to improve the testability of software.
- Undertakes additional project tasks as required by management.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Degree qualified in a suitable subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience of engineering based software in domains such as defence, aerospace or automotive.
- Practical experience of using C++.
- A good understanding of the software engineering lifecycle.
- Experience and a good understanding of Systems/Software Test Engineering.
- Experience of writing test plans / test specifications.
- Experience of building software & software installers desirable.
- Experience in a similar position within a Technical/Engineering organisation preferred.
- The ability to gain UK defence security clearance (SC).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.