- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To carry out software safety assurance activities on projects for the development and in-service support of complex electronic systems, reporting into the Safety Engineering Manager.
Key Responsibilities: (Please attach a separate sheet of paper if necessary.)
- To act as safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) to designated projects; supplying considerable knowledge and experience in the defence environment for the development of real-time software and electronic systems in the function of Safety Engineering;
- To plan and carry out safety management activities for project scope commensurate with applicable standards at the required Safety Integrity Level (SIL) and mentor safety peers;
- Prepare safety and environmental arguments with cognisance to POSMS and POEMS to support the safety case in compliance with Def Stan 00-56 and relevant Ship Safety policies;
- Lead safety review meetings with safety stakeholders for purposes of Hazard Identification and Analysis (HIA) and safety / environmental risk reduction;
- Prepare and maintain equipment hazard logs and safety reports;
- Carry out functional failure analyses to determine hardware and system reliability;
- Carry out software and Programmable Electronic System (PES) assessments of process and documentation against applicable development standards;
- To lead the derivation, documentation and justification of safety requirements;
- To provide safety support to lifecycle review meetings and carry out reviews of engineering deliverable documents;
- To carry out internal and sub-contractor safety audits and support audits from an externally appointed Independent Safety Auditor (ISA);
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.