- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Safety Engineer
As Lead Safety Engineer, you will be involved in emerging technologies, this is a fantastic opportunity to take on technically challenging projects and to exercise your enthusiasm and creativity!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
You will be joining an exciting team as part of future systems that develops future cutting edge capabilities. As Lead Safety Engineer, you will be involved in emerging technologies, this is a fantastic opportunity to take on technically challenging projects and to exercise your enthusiasm and creativity!
The Lead Safety Engineer will be involved in projects through their full lifecycle, from bid to customer delivery, with management of a team of 1-2 safety engineers.
This role is to lead all of the system and trial safety solution definition and analysis activities, where you will have frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Strong experience in safety-critical and safety-involved systems.
- Experience in systems engineering, an understanding of system design.
- Knowledge of relevant safety and security standards (such as DefStan 00-56) and safety assessment methodologies
- Experience in the use of Rhapsody, DOORs, and the IBM Rational Toolset, including configuration management structures and approaches.
- Understanding of the ALARP principle and its application to safety assessment.
- Good analytical and methodical thinking to ensure completeness and consistency in safety and security analysis work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, particularly for presenting complex technical arguments or analysis simply and succinctly. Communicating key points to broad groups of stakeholders.
- Experience in the Defence, Aerospace or related sector.
- Experience of understanding of Laser hazards and the potential risk and accidents associated with operation of any laser system, but specifically High Power LDEW.
- Experience working to Defence or Military standards such as MIL-STD-882, EN 61508 RTCA DO-254 and RTCA DO-178C or similar;
- Experience covering Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.