- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Communications Systems Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge autonomous systems manufacturer seeking an experienced systems engineer to join them in their Portsmouth headquarters.
Responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of communication systems and networks by translating internal and external requirements and objectives into solutions. Conducts architecture design, feasibility and modelling including link budgets, coverage and interference analysis. Responsible for performing the integration and/or test of communication systems to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives. Responsible for the compatibility of communication and networking interfaces and first article product integration, ensuring seamless interface between the design and production of communication systems.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Capturing and managing internal and external customer requirements related to communication systems
- Assuring compliance against standard communication system architectures such as point-to-point LOS, MANET (including ELOS), WAN (e.g. LTE) and OTH (principally satellite)
- Planning, coordinating and/or carrying-out integration, commissioning, verification, validation and qualification activities including networking.
- Identifying, collating and reporting programme and technical risks to the relevant stakeholders
- Acting as named communications SME across all products and projects
- Training Technical Support and commissioning teams to implement and support (including fault finding and analysis) both LOS, OTH and WAN communication systems
- Interacting with the wider engineering teams both in the UK and worldwide, to develop optimal solutions to meet both engineering requirements and business needs.
- Monitoring suppliers for new technology, obsolescence etc.
- To ensure compliance to relevant standards, legislation and other mandatory obligations.
- Lead/assist in commissioning of new vessels, products and other integrations of communications systems.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent relevant experience
- A sound knowledge of communication systems ideally within the defence or maritime sectors.
- Knowledge of satellite communication systems a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in an systems engineering role and familiar with all elements of the systems engineering lifecycle.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.