- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fibre Project Manager
Our client are a Tier 1 utilities contractor, currently hiring for an experienced Project Manager to work on a variety of Fibre telecoms projects out of the Gloucestershire area.
Provide leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Project Team. Assume full responsibility of the day to day operations within assigned telecoms project scopes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end responsibility for all activities on the works within the projects assigned to you. Equal importance to be assigned to the 3 key areas of project delivery: Health, Safety and Environmental; Quality; and Productivity. Responsibility extends to all support services or 3rd parties who enter site. One project, One Management team, One Point of Responsibility.
- Assist the Operations Manager in implementing and analysing KPIs for the FMs and their teams, to drive excellence in HSE, Quality and Productivity.
- Show an active presence on the ground, providing leadership and guidance to FMs and teams. It is expected that PMs visit site at least once a week. Alongside this, any high potential incidents must be attended to by the PM.
- Reduce defects, compliance failure, strike and incident rates. Develop 'Right first-time' approach.
- Manage works against the programme and budgets assigned to them, ensuring strict control, and prompt review and update throughout the timeline of the works.
- Build and own strong relationships with clients and external parties.
- Lead support services with regards to the requirements of your projects - Reinstatement & Logistics department, Fibre Team, Quantity Surveyor and Field Managers ensuring alignment within the team.
- Work with relevant staff to develop technical solutions to operational issues, emphasis on coming up with solutions not just escalating problems to senior management.
- Responsibility for the management of Field Managers HSEQ performance of all teams assigned to you; you are responsible for ensuring they comply with company instructions and for assisting them in meeting their requirements
- Provide weekly forecasting and reports for all projects.
- Assist commercial and programme to track build progress; document and escalate delays through CEMAR via early warnings and compensation events.
- Assist Commercial in putting together AFPs, ensuring claims are correct and that issues highlighted by clients are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Ownership of the client's reporting demands and monitoring of their KPIS such as RFS.
- Maintain deadlines and deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with the Operations Manager and our client's management team
- Person specifications:
- Qualified member of a recognised Project Management institute (e.g. Prince2). Experience is a pre-requisite but is more important if a formal qualification is not held.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Experience with all relevant Industry Standards including HAUC & NRSWA.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.