- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical / Electronic Lead Engineer - Automotive
A fascinating opportunity to work with a prestigious Automotive Manufacturer on the South Coast. The Lead Engineer will work on development and integration of Electronic Systems for bespoke vehicle set up, making this a varied and interesting role.
The Lead EE Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of all Electrical component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
The position is responsible for project steering of all electrical engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the department manager.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Proven experience in an Automotive Electrical/Electrical development environment.
- Knowledge of Automotive Hardware architectures and Software development processes
- Knowledge of hardware/software interfacing to Cloud based data services
- Detailed knowledge of network bus systems such as MOST (fibre optic), CAN and LIN
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content
- Experience in automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams with responsibility of team leadership
Key accountabilities include:
- To manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the department manager
- Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives from the Process-Chain, and supplying cost information to Project Management & Purchasing for make or buy decisions.
- To financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops.
- Lead the Electrical/electronic engineering team of Project and Design Engineers. Circa 5 people and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business.
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Bespoke Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the department manager
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- To mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the department manager that cannot be resolved
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents
- To agree with Series engineering stakeholders the required Legal, Safety & group requirements to features must adhere to
- To lead capacity planning of Project Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D electrical wiring/pinning drawings, Hardware and software specifications and prepare information for Engineering System Release
- To ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- To ensure Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Service requirements are implemented into the design and associated documents
- To determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- To validate the product to all homologation/Legal Regulation requirements before preparing information for Engineering Release.
- To lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required
- To create and maintain project status information to support the reporting objectives of the department manager as required.
- To continually improve department processes in conjunction with colleagues throughout the complete bespoke organisation
- To actively participate in departmental strategic improvements and initiatives
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.