- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
The SDA Engineering Function has an opportunity for you to join the Devonport Infrastructure team as an Engineering Lead in HMNB Devonport.
This role offers the opportunity to work in a diverse and multi-disciplined team within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), focusing on the procurement and support of some of the most complex equipment in the world. The SDA is responsible for the UK's submarine maintenance and build programme, which is one of the UK defence's top priorities and contains some of the nation's largest Capital programmes.
Working with our key industrial partners, BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce and Babcock Marine, we are striving towards delivering submarine capability safely, securely, and more effectively every year.
We are looking for a Civil or Mechanical Systems Engineer for an exciting and challenging role. Electrical or Systems Engineers with appropriate infrastructure or submarine experience may also be considered.
The FLEET22 project has been established to ensure the facilities within the Licenced Nuclear Site at Devonport Dockyard continue to meet the demands of the UK Submarine programme for the next 50 years and beyond and is at the forefront of Civils Nuclear Infrastructure work being undertaken on-site.
Using your Engineering proficiency, you will provide engineering expertise to the project manager as the Prime Contract executes delivery of the civil scope of work and the development of the Facility Safety Case.
You will be responsible for providing the SDA technical input to the project across multiple engineering disciplines; the scope of work includes civil, mechanical and electrical systems and facilities, and the generation of a nuclear facility safety case.
You will be responsible for monitoring and oversight [as the client representative] of the programme delivery, in particular, the progression of the technical scope from concept, scheme and detailed design through build, commissioning and integration.
You will provide technical input at interface meetings with the supplier and maintain regular contact with the design, safety management and delivery teams on and off site.
Our successful candidate needs to be a willing and strong challenger of the outputs during the design stages and behave as the 'eyes and ears' on site during construction/installation to ensure the supplier continues to deliver to the customer requirements and agreed outputs.
Please note that due to the nature of the projects involved, this role is open to SOLE UK NATIONALS only.
* Performing technical design reviews of Facility systems improvements.
* Monitoring on/off site delivery of the design programme and subsequent build, commissioning and integration of cross discipline mechanical, electrical and civil engineering systems.
* Provide SDA intelligent customer input to project reviews and interface meetings.
* Provide technical support to the Project Manager in execution of his/her duties.
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* A minimum Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering subject - civil, mechanical, electrical or systems (recognised engineering qualification desirable - CEng or IEng). Construction engineers may also be considered.
* Engineering 'onsite' experience during construction/build activity
* Experience of working within a highly regulated environment (nuclear safety case requirements preferable).
* Strong communication skills.
* Submarine support systems knowledge desirable.
* Project Management principles.
* Naval Reactor experience and Supporting Infrastructure Maintenance
Please get in touch for more information.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.