- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highways Engineer
Our client are currently looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to join their Engineering Team based at their Ashford Office in Kent.
You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within Kent and the Southeast, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. They will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
You'll be joining a people focused organisation who care about their colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance. As standard they offer flexible working to everyone, with core hours of 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, and the ability to work remotely when needed.
Requirements of the role:
- The design and documentation of Highway and Transportation projects both preliminary and detailed
- To lead on projects ensuring Project Centre and the Engineering team deliver the agreed commissions and that client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a multi-disciplinary project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Production and checking of drawings and reports
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project
- Communicating with suppliers, clients and contractors
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway/ Engineering Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development
The position comes with:
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.