- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Integration and Test Engineering Manager
Our client are a leading defence aerospace business with an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering manager within the test domain to join them in their Brighton offices.
About the role:
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for managing a small team of electro-mechanical Test Engineers and Technicians. You will also manage the product test and integration of electro-mechanical sub-systems from the prototype design through development, installation and commissioning of the completed systems. You will ensure electrical and physical requirements meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives. You need to be experienced with testing in an electro-mechanical domain (Environmental, Vibration, Strength and Performance testing).
Responsibilities of the role:
- Team leadership and further professional development of the team.
- Planning development, documentation and execution of test specifications.
- Managing analysis of the test results, support for trade studies, development of test and installation plans, verification of interface control documents, compatibility of physical and functional interfaces and first article production integration.
- Investigate and implement solutions to products, process or test problems.
- Analysis of requirements for integration and/or testability.
- Develop and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications and customer acceptance.
- Designing, developing and implementing cost effective procedures for testing and troubleshooting subassemblies, assemblies and systems.
- Analyse and document test results.
Experience & Skills:
- Management of a test environment and team specifically within an electro-mechanical domain (Environmental, Vibration, Strength and Performance testing).
- Strong team leadership.
- Understanding of product lifecycle and where Test and Integration fits within that lifecycle.
- Distillation of test requirements from test programmes and scheduling testing accordingly (design assurance and qualification).
- Scheduling test programmes in an environment of conflicting priorities.
- Environmental testing: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration.
- Diagnosis of faults/issues.
- Sensors - accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT.
- Feedback of test results into design process.
- Standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, verniers).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.