- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Programmes Director
Our client are a cutting edge autonomous systems business with an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering or programmes director to join their rapidly expanding team.
Key role functions:
- To provide direction and leadership across the Engineering & Programmes functions of the business. Working as part of the senior team to develop and implement a technical strategy aligned with the needs and future goals of the business.
- To effectively manage, drive and co-ordinate across the functional areas, to enable successful delivery of agreed IRAD and customer specific programmes.
- Development of people & processes, enabling the team to succeed through mentoring, best practise, clear goals and objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for Engineering activities across the business.
- Encourage, mentor and develop leadership within the engineering functions.
- To deliver the business P&L through ensuring that best practice engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Providing support to the sales & business development teams in estimating bid and proposal costs for technical requirements.
- Responsibility to work with the engineering managers to build a clear understanding of the business technical vision, as well as compiling the detailed technology plan necessary for driving its successful execution.
- Develop and implement processes for the control of engineering project execution performed in the organization.
- Encourage, highlight and execute opportunities for sharing resource and collaborating with the wider parent company teams.
- Develop resource planning tools that enable organisational transparency, to ensure that technical multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned and effectively used to maximise delivery of projects.
- Coordinate, define and monitor progress of programmes delivery against customer and IRAD agreed plans.
- To prepare and manage the annual engineering budgets and IRAD investment required to enable delivery of the future strategic technology.
- Signatory for appropriate level of technical authority, and technical programme contractual commitments.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving build cost targets.
- Liaison with key customers to support key Programmes and understanding their technology requirements.
- To support management and engineering teams to develop and defend the Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Work with the engineering teams to establish quality and reliability standards through industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers, then define the metrics required to assess performance against those standards.
- Evaluate the Technical challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop continual improvement strategies.
- Report on Engineering activities and project progress on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information and Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments to deliver business objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a member of the senior management team or authorised representative.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
- To supervise all reporting staff so as to effectively, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities to meet required deadlines.
- To assess, identify and monitor staff skills and training requirements to avoid exposure and skill shortages to the business.
- To assess and monitor workloads, efficiency, holiday and effectively manage staff resource levels and report potential shortfalls.
- To ensure staff time management is effectively managed in line with company time and attendance procedures.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.