- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior / Principal Software Engineer
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is a great opportunity for a experienced Senior or Principal Software Engineer to join a dynamic team, where you will contribute to a wide range of projects and applications.
The Senior / Principal Software Engineer will have experience across the full software development lifecycle. You will deliver critical software components into complex product development.
As the Senior / Principal Software Engineer you will be involved in Software architectural and detailed design, along with Requirement Analysis, Design implementation and Formulation of integration and test strategies.
In addition you will manage work packages, provide regular technical progress reports to project management and work closely with Analysts to develop processing algorithms.
You will have demonstrable ability to technically lead a small team, or the strong interest and attributes to move into this as a progression step.
The client can offer flexible and remote working where possible, and are set to be very busy across 2021!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Software C++ experience (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment
- Experience in Windows / Linux
- Experience in Real time operating system development environments
- Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Good financial estimating and scheduling capability.
- Analytical, problem solving and technical leadership skills.
- Methodical, with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently or within a team structure.
- Experience working in the defence or similar safety regulated sector.
- Experience in UML - Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
- GUI ergonomic design and development
- Digital signal processing (audio/image processing/sonar/radar)
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.