- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Due to our client's current growth and future aspirations, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a new Traffic Engineer to join their business in Manchester.
We are currently looking for a Traffic Engineer to join their Engineering Team based in their Manchester office. You will join a vibrant team and work on a wide variety of prestigious projects in Scotland and across the UK, enabling you to advance your career and grow through technical and professional development.
As standard they offer flexible working to everyone and the ability to work remotely when needed.
A bit about the role:
- Supporting Senior staff, provide technical input to a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions
- The role specifically requires a sound knowledge of traffic and transportation and the ability to develop and initiate traffic and highway schemes from inception through to completion
- Projects may be undertaken at various stages depending upon the specification/ brief (eg outline / feasibility / preliminary / detailed design)
- Provide weekly monitoring information against key indicators
- Check technical outputs, drawings and reports produced by junior staff
- Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system
- Liaise with other technical staff across offices
- Assist in developing Quality Assurance systems and procedures in the service area
- Accredited Degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience of Traffic or Highway Engineering Design and design standards
- Sound understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles and a track record in transport planning, design and/or delivery
- Membership of a professional institution (e.g. MILT, MICE or MCIHT)
- Working towards Chartered status
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of traffic and transportation fundamentals and current design standards
- Able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients and contractors
- Expertise in traffic and highways related industry recognised software
- Knowledge and experience of TMA 2004, DMRB, Highways Acts, RTRA 1984, RTAs, TSRGD 2016, Traffic Signs Manual and relevant British Standards
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
The position comes with:
- £27,000 - £35,000 annual salary
- Private health cover
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Professional Membership fees
- A variety of training programmes supported by PCL
- Professional development and project opportunities
- Perkbox - staff benefits
- Flexible working
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.