- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Change Implementation Project Engineer
Our client is a rapidly growing technology and engineering business who are developing innovative robotics and automation products. They are looking for a Project Engineer to join them as a Change Implementation Engineer
The Change Implementation Engineer manages the deployment of engineering changes to products on a global scale. You will be pulling together input from various stakeholders within the business i.e. product management, product development and supply chain. You will define the level of impact for each site, develop change implementation plans and coordinate the rollout that field engineers and MHE install teams deploy at various international sites.
Closely working with programme management, engineering operations of live sites and implementation teams of in-build sites, the role supports the business in aligning with its strategic goals and allows it to scale.
What you will be doing…
- Understand the scope of engineering changes (mechanical, electrical, software).
- Receive the product defining data pack (drawings, BOM, schematics, etc.) from product management and review for completeness, acting as point of contact with product development.
- Identify the associated impact to live and in-build sites with Programme Management.
- Work with suppliers through Supply Chain and estimate the cost of implementing the change to products.
- Work with Field Engineering, Install (for in-build sites) and Engineering Operations (for live sites) and plan the labour resource required to deploy the change.
- Work with impacted stakeholders and plan a rollout schedule.
- Gather all information together and develop a comprehensive change implementation plan for field engineers and install teams to roll out at sites in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, i.e. considering high-level project deadlines, consolidating where appropriate to maximise product uptime.
- Ensure procurement of parts and availability on site in conjunction with Supply Chain.
- Coordinate site retrofit activities together with site install teams
- Working alongside multiple local & international teams, simultaneously enabling the business to align to its strategic goal and scaling
What we are looking for…
- Proven track record of project engineering experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, airports, FMCG distribution or similar fiel
- Excellent technical and practical general engineering knowledge (mechanical and electrical)
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional project teams, including third parties i.e. suppliers
- Experience in project planning (preparing cost estimates and schedules) and risk management
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronic, Automation, Industrial or relevant)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology individuals at all levels.
- Project management qualification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, etc.)
- Good understanding of product life cycle (development, testing, production, installation and commissioning)
- Experience in working on international projects with different time zones
- You will be comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Can manage a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities and respond quickly to changing priorities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.