- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Manufacturing Development Engineer
I am working with a client who is looking for a Manufacturing Development Engineer to join their growing team.
Design & Development
- Collaborating closely with external and internal design engineers, rigorously ensuring that design for manufacturing best practices are applied during the design phase
- Acting as the primary technical interface with external equipment vendors
- Creating manufacturing documentation - Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), SOP, Packaging Spec
- Identifying test and assembly fixture requirements, working with internal and external teams to design and deliver measurement equipment championing an in-process checking approach rather than end of line testing
- Conducting measurement system analysis (MSA) where necessary
- Prototype, Testing & Manufacturing
- Ensuring process capability for components through development by identifying and tracking critical to quality parameters (CTQ)
- Create and handle manufacturing issues and risks lists and regularly communicate this internally and externally with the development teams and the vendors
- Lead factory acceptance testing (FAT) activities during initial development builds - including troubleshooting hardware issues
- Follow through with appropriate corrective actions put in place at the supplier for issues identified during prototype and pilot builds
- Oversee the transition of products from prototype into full manufacture
- Participate in value engineering activities, design verification activities and engineering change activities
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working with material handling equipment, manufacturing processes and automation
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes including general machining processes, metal fabrication, metal extrusion, and electronics
- Proficiency in application of design for manufacturing practices to ensure quality in production
- Experience collaborating with external vendors on design, development, manufacturing and testing
- Understanding mechanical drawings and familiar in working with CAD and engineering BOMs/PDM.
- Understanding of different measurement methods
- Demonstrates awareness and application of analytical / quality tools to aid the design and manufacturing processes. Tools may include FMEA, six sigma, process capability, PPAP, statistical process controls (SPC) and critical to quality (CTQ) parameter management
- Ability to write work instructions and technical reports
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification is preferred
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.