- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a multinational company specialising in oil storage / fuel storage and pipeline distribution. This job will support a combination of fuel storage terminals, remote enclosures and pumping stations.
This is an opportunity for a mechanical Maintenance Technician to support a combination of fuel storage terminals, remote enclosures and pumping stations across East Anglia. Candidates must have domonstrable experience of maintaining pumps.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring maintenance is planned and executed in line with company expectations, policies, procedures and guidance. You will support plant operations whilst maximising plant availability through effective best practice maintenance. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Maintenance of rotating and fixed mechanical equipment including pumps, valves, tanks, interceptors and pipework, i.e. gaskets.
- Conducting condition / vibration monitoring as part of the rotating equipment section.
- Writing local work procedures and work instructions.
- Contributing towards the planning, development and implementation of maintenance activities.
- Dealing with small maintenance projects including managing Contractors / Sub-Contractors.
Candidates must have a relevant apprenticeship or associated qualifications and will ideally be COMPEX certified. Ideally you should have work experience on an Upper Tier COMAH site, i.e. experience within the oil and gas or chemical industry or a similarly regulated industry. However as a minimum you must have demonstrable experience of maintaining pumps and associated equipment.
Candidates should hold a clean driving licence and be available to work across multiple sites in East Anglia and the South East as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.