- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fire Systems Project Manager
My Client is recruiting for a Fire Systems Project Manager in the Water Sector.
This position is for a Project Manager working within the Water Sector. The company provides services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, the Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of clients.
- Competent with current H&S Legislation able to demonstrate a full understanding of CDM regulations.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI's.
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all projects with the Quantity Surveyor, ensuring that all Project Engineers have prepared accurate financial performance reports
- A strong contractual understanding ideally with NEC forms of contract
- Complete contract documentation
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- To develop in conjunction with the project planner a detailed project programme ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales
Qualifications and Experience:
- Project Management Qualification (PMP) or MRICS ( Project Management Pathway)
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Experience of working with Fire Systems ( desirable)
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of on Fire System projects - 2 years + ( desirable)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular MS Project
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Preferred but not essential - IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.