- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
MEICA Project Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a MEICA Project Engineer in the Water Sector
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the individual management of schemes predominately for the clean water industry, with a particular focus on capital improvement projects such as new Water Treatment Plants and pumping stations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client's engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Active participant in Collaborative Planning
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation to the supply chain
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, "As built" drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
- Responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts/packages undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts with the project QS
Skills and experience:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.