- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently looking for a Configuration Controller for our aerospace client an aerospace company based in Wetzikon Switzerland. The role will suit an experienced configuration engineer who ideally will have worked in aerospace before.
Your responsibilities & tasks
The Configuration Controller is responsible to ensure:
- Product structure breakdown management according to applicable business standard, based on the inputs from design organisation and coordinating as necessary with the PO
- Top-level Product structure definition and baselines including restrictions, options and variants. Responsibilities covers TC approved designs and full-scale test articles (including helicopter prototypes).
- Product change management according to business standard. Responsibilities cover changes to (TC) Approved data and changes of released data to full-scale test articles.
- Ensuring configuration and change reports availability as necessary
- Providing and continuously managing standard specifications and standard parts
- Part definition and management, supervising the release flow.
- DMU management at aircraft level
- SH09 Configuration Management plan and directives (spanning over PO, MO, DO).
The Configuration Controller, coordinating the assigned team:
- Develops, creates, controls and maintains the top-level Product structure and the configuration level including restrictions, options and variants.
- Manages the drawing structure and the applicability of any modification to the fleet, including prototypes. Acts as change owner of changes in product main structure.
- Interacts with the chief engineers/design engineers as needed, during the design/modification process, reviewing and supporting the break down definition of a system into parts/drawings, verifying the consistency of the proposed changes and ensuring the correct distribution of information
- Coordinates the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the Digital Mock-up representation of the product (aircraft level), supporting the project engineers to check all the DMU aspects related to the systems or kits affected by the modification.
- Prepares configuration documentation, change request overviews and design data set reports for Authorities or other internal departments
- Interacts with program management office to create unique customer configurations based on existing TC approved configuration and new development.
- Interfaces with PO as necessary to support their configuration conformity.
- Develops, conducts and supports internal training in CM.
- Evaluates, proposes and prepares continuous improvements of tools, methods and guidelines in the CM area.
Your qualifications & competences
- 5 years of experience in the relevant areas of responsibilities of this function
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Professional technical school or higher
- Experience in the relevant area of responsibilities (Change management, Configuration management, Product configuration/Identification)
- Skilled in using Siemens Teamcenter, NX or other CAD tool and SAP PLM.
The Configuration Controller:
- Is able to co ordinate the team tasks and activities
- Reports configuration development progress to the applicable position within DO
- Ensures that the configuration management rules are implemented
- Challenge and improves methods and best practices, providing the elements needed for a decision making process
- Is pro-active to plan, prioritize and timely complete tasks assigned
- interacting with all the necessary functions and escalating as needed
- Is able to keep a holistic perspective of product and change impacts acting with a strong problem solving attitude
- Is actively involved in the continuous improvement and optimization of configuration management processes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.