- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
My Client is recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the Water Sector.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of projects. The role will be working on varied projects (Major Capital, MEICA Capital & Minor Works), predominantly in the water industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and client commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for the company.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Management of all project costs which may include the clients.
- Working within client databases for forecasting and change management.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
Qualifications and Experience:
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Full working knowledge of the NEC3/4 suite of contracts
- Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
- WIP/Cash management
- CTC Management
- Resource Scheduling
- P&L reporting
- Internal Cost Value Reports
- Forecasting across a portfolio of projects within an incentivisation model
- Change control (EW's and CE's) - Management within a Client driven database
- Delay and Disruption
- Applications for payment
- Risk and Opportunities management
- Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
- Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
- Working to deadlines
- Water Industry Experience
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.