- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Integration and Test Engineer
NATS is looking to recruit experienced test engineers to work on the development of its future SESAR compliant platform, due to enter service by 2023.
The new system will be based on a world leading, high availability cloud computing platform utilising the latest service orientated management techniques to deliver new software services to air traffic controllers. NATS is the UK leading air navigation service provider, providing services to both civil and military aviation. Defence and civil air traffic control systems/services include:
- Large safety related/safety critical software applications
- Air traffic control workstations and tools
- Flight data processing systems
- Surveillance processing systems
- VHF/UHF VOIP based communications, both secure and plain language
Work experience, skills and competencies
Candidates should have strong integration testing experience and a good understanding of the different testing methods and processes. Though Air Traffic Management (ATM) experience is not a necessity, the successful candidate will need to have broad systems test experience, preferably experience within large-scale systems of systems integration programmes.
- Review requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Create Test Plans and Test Designs and seek stakeholder buy-in.
- Review Test Plans and identify any gaps in requirements coverage.
- Create, review and optimise Integration Test Cases, manage completion of VCRM.
- Identify data and environmental pre-requisites for Test Cases.
- Execute Test Cases (manual & automated) to verify requirements and find defects.
- Document test results and defects, completing Test Reports.
- Investigate defects and work with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution.
- Analysing data and test evidence from suppliers to show compliance to requirements.
- Reporting progress, risks & issues to Team Leads.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years' test experience (or 4 years' experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 1 of which in a senior or lead role.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 5 years test experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills - ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling methods and tools such as UML/SysML/BPMN.
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Experience with SIEM and Cyber Security
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.