- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Training Developer and Delivery
Training Developer & Delivery- Yeovil
12 months contract- £42.65per hour UMB / £33.19per hour PAYE- Inside IR35
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles
This role requires the successful candidate to obtain a Full Security Clearance (SC) You therefore must be a UK national, born in the UK with no dual or relinquished nationalities to apply.
The rollout of the Sceptre System to numerous national and international customers simultaneously has resulted in the need to increase the size of the DI Human Capability Group Training Team in the short to medium term. This Training Designer will primarily work within the Sceptre team supporting the development of training material for various customers, but could also be asked to support other projects as required.
As a Training Designer, the role is to support Training Needs Analysis and Instructional Design tasks during the design, development and support phases of the training lifecycle to agreed timescales and budget. Training activities will include working on BAE Systems, MOD and other Customer sites, working to a demanding and complex schedule.
The Training Designer will be responsible for:
- Supporting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) activities in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Conducting Instructional Design and development activities in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Supporting Customer acceptance activities.
- Supporting the Technical Authority in the development and implementation of tailored TNA and ID processes.
- Developing Customer and Stakeholder Relations.
- Adhering to BAE Systems Governance, Configuration and Change Control processes.
- Providing Training related Subject Matter Expertise to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Supporting Training Planning activities through the provision of Subject Matter Expertise advice and guidance.
- Documentation of training and HCI issues
- Accurately reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Production of appropriate training documentation
- Organisation of peer reviews of own work products
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others' work products
- Providing realistic estimates for training activities
- Maintaining excellent version control practices
- Providing training guidance to team members
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of training design within Defence or the wider Defence Industry sector.
- Experience of collaborative working within a team comprising of training and system specialists.
- Good working knowledge and experience of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), including the DSAT Quality Management Standard (QMS) and DSAT guidance documentation.
- Good working knowledge of Training/Engineering Lifecycle Management.
- Good working knowledge of complex software enabled mission planning, rehearsing and debriefing processes.
- Must have a 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Enjoy team dynamics
- Able to foster a positive team spirit
- Be willing to work away from their home site for periods of time
- Prepared to gain full SC clearance with caveats, e.g. UK Eyes Only
- The successful applicant will need to demonstrate competence in the above and be:
o Influential and assertive
o Able to work unsupervised
o Innovative and able to drive improvement
o Self-organised and good with management of time and conflicting priorities"
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.