- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Bespoke Project Engineer
My client, a luxury car manufacturer based in Chichester, West Sussex - are seeking a Project Engineer - Interior/Exterior Trim to work in the Bespoke area of the business
The contract is long term, renewing annually. Offered PAYE or UMB.
The Bespoke Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of Exterior/Interior component development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicles.
The position is responsible for project planning of all engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
Key accountabilities include:
- To manage and carry out the necessary development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, CoC Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
- Developing and evaluating conceptual alternatives from the Process-Chain, and supplying cost information to Project Management & Purchasing for make or buy decisions.
- Financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops
- Lead the "Simultaneous Engineering Team" and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business.
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders within the "Simultaneous Engineering Team" and supporting the tasks assigned from the Lead Engineer
- Creation, maintain, and alignment of engineering time plans ensuring activities are aligned with Process-Chain stakeholders and deliver the project on time for the require milestones
- Mediate any conflicts within the process chain, implement the solutions with best effect to the overall business, or escalate topics to the Lead Engineer that cannot be resolved
- Creation, maintain, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Requirement Specifications, and other engineering documents
- Agree with Series engineering stakeholders the required Legal, Safety & group requirements that features must adhere to
- Lead capacity planning of Design Engineers to carry out the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of BoM, CAD Data, 2D drawings, other specification documents and prepare information for Engineering System Release
- Ensure the engineering design is integrated within the series product packaging without unforeseen effects to the product performance
- Ensure requirements required for manufacture are implemented into the design and associated documents
- Determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
- Validate the product to all homologation requirements before prepare information for Engineering Release.
- Lead all resolution activities for any issues identified in the "Problem Management Process" and to report/document the status when required
- Create and maintain project status information to support the reporting objectives of the Lead Engineer as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in an Automotive Engineering development environment
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for interior/exterior components with the ability to select appropriate concepts, processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to exterior/interior content
- Experience in automotive project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
- CAD (Catia V5) competence required.
- Ability to create/review 2D engineering drawings
- A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to meet the highest of automotive standards with regards to quality, robustness and the avoidance of undesirable levels of NVH.
- An appreciation of and the ability to develop solutions with respect to the required properties/requirements
- An understanding of vehicle and component measurement/validation systems - Advanced IT skills essential for Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word.
- Business/technical German language capability would be advantageous.
- Ability to self-motivate with a flexible approach to delivering business orientated targets in short project timelines
- Ability to flexibly travel is required around working hours to visit various UK/European suppliers & project offices in Europe.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.