- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
Principal Engineer - Pavements
Our client currently have a new opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join their team in Bedford, Cambridge or Ipswich.
Within this role, you will be responsible for a team of engineers and providing pavement expertise in the identification and evaluation of asset specific needs and early solutions, while assuring adherence to defined asset policies and standards. The role may be required to work unsociable hours.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment
What you'll be leading on
- Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of technology schemes.
- Help develop asset specific management plans and ensure asset management decisions adhere to defined policies and standards, provide value for money and maximise contribution to the delivery of business objectives.
- Undertaking and commissioning surveys and packages of works to inform future renewal and improvement projects.
- Continuously monitor and analyse asset data
- Support collaboration with engineering colleagues, Project Managers, Service Delivery Managers and Route Managers to ensure forward programme plans reflect asset needs, priorities and strategies.
- Provide specialist technical expertise and assurance in the development of early solutions for renewals and improvement schemes, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria, and taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
To be Successful
- Experience of developing asset management plans
- Degree in relevant discipline, Higher National Diploma, or Higher National Certificate with relevant experience, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling
- Understanding of the Value Engineering process and/or cost benefit analysis of schemes
- Experience in highways infrastructure design, Experience in AutoCAD desirable
- Good working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges in particular pavement design, construction and condition assessment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.