- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
Our client own and operate the Purfleet fuel storage terminal where petrol and diesel is stored. They require an Operations Technician to join their team on a long-term contract basis.
The job of an Operations Technician / Fuel Operator includes a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Tank water draw offs / product sampling
- Tank dipping / tank roof drains
- Tank bund draining / jet washing loading bays and bay filters
- Changing bay filters / skimming of the site interceptor
- Visual tank and bund inspections / fire extinguisher checks
- Winterisation - gritting of paths / safety showers tests
- Monthly building water temperature tests / fire pump checks
- Shipping duties including off-loading fuel
- Basic mechanical maintenance e.g. assisting fitters with maintenance or process drain downs
- Basic admin task (update seal logs, water draw off log, contamination check sheet)
The key skills and attributes we are looking for include initiative, drive, energy and determination to work outdoors as part of a team providing support to storage terminal staff. This is a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks and the job will include some working at height. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working safely / working to safe working practices / safe systems of work. Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and you must be competent in the use of standard desktop systems, e.g. Word and Outlook.
This job will involve working shift patterns including weekends and occasional nights. Full details will be provided upon application.
Candidates must live within 45 minutes commute of the terminal and candidates must have a driving licence to be able to drive vehicles on site.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.