- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
C++ Software Engineers
Our client are a cutting edge autonomous systems business with several opening for C++ software engineers from graduate to lead level.
Development and deployment of software used to control and monitor unmanned surface vehicles including related tools and testing.
- Design and specification of the software elements of the control systems used by the business.
- Software development, in a Linux and/or Windows based environment using C, C++, Qt framework, Python or other appropriate languages and frameworks.
- Basic user interface design using Qt framework (both Qt Widgets and QML).
- Developing software interfaces and protocol libraries to integrate various hardware components.
- Basic PLC programming using CoDeSys and Structured Text.
- Work with customers, sales, system engineering and other appropriate areas to assist in defining and breaking down of detailed requirements.
- Production of required technical documentation.
- Provide technical input for detailing requirements.
- Provide estimates for resources and timescales to develop control systems.
- Dealing with the unique challenges that arise in the emerging area of autonomous boats.
Skills and Experience Required;
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven skills in software development in Windows or Linux Environment.
- Familiar with C++ in particular but other languages such as C and Python will also be a significant advantage.
- Ideally familiar with the Qt framework, however this is not essential.
- A knowledge and appreciation of relevant hardware systems such as PLC's and digital electronics.
- Experience with the development and test of high reliability or safety critical software.