- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer to join an aerospace company based in Alton. This will be an exciting opportunity to join a team working on exciting new Unmanned Air Vehicles.
Tasks and Accountabilities
As part of this role you will be responsible for undertaking activities such as, but not limited to: -
- Airframe design encompassing elements of aerodynamics, thermodynamics and structural design using hand calcs and FEA in carbon fibre and performance foams,
- Writing test plans and process documents,
- Testing aircraft part suitability for the operating environment,
- Deploying on test campaigns abroad,
- Designing aircraft sub systems,
- Working with 2D engineering drawings and 3D CAD to up-issue models for manufacture,
- Strive for mass savings across all facets of work,
- Goods in inspection,
- Supplier visits,
- Manufacturing small parts for test in mechanical workshops or electronics labs.
We are looking for people with the following attributes: -
- Have relevant degree level qualification, or experience in a Mechanical Design Role.
- Ideally would have familiarity with SolidWorks
- Ability to manage own workload both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work from both formal engineering drawings and from loose guidelines
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written
- Have an appreciation of working under ISO9001 and aerospace approval standards,
- The confidence to come up with new designs and ideas to challenge the norm.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.